In ABESIT, various Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular activities are regularly conducted alongwith regular Academic activities and students are continuously inspired and motivated to participate in these various activities to ensure the overall development of the students.
Curricular or academic activities encompass the prescribed courses of study. The curricular activities at ABESIT include Workshops, Seminars, Guest Lectures and Industrial Trips for the students, by the students, for the faculty, by the faculty.
- Workshop : An interactive session with hands-on training under guidance of an expert. Students get a platform to share ideas and to know the field of their interest. They learn to develop new skills and also to work in a team.
- Seminar : A seminar focuses on a specific topic or discipline through presentations and discussion. It helps students in improving communication skills, gaining expert knowledge, networking with others and renewing motivation and confidence.
- Guest Lectures : Guest Lecture is a way of enriching students with the latest updates of the Industries. Students are bestowed with knowledge about industry needs and latest technical updates etc.
- Industrial Visits : Students are made to visitvarious companies and get insight of the internal working environment of the company. It helps the students to understand the process of any organization and also strengthen their overall learning interaction with business executives.
Co-curricular Activities supplement and complement the curricular activities.
- Students empowerment through CoE : At ABESIT 10 state-of-art Centres of Excellence covers different fields of engineering like Big Data, IOT, Embedded Systems, Power Electronics, Automation, Robotics etc. The CoEs established in collaboration with BOSCH, FESTO, TEXAS, ENTUPLE are exposing students with latest corporate developments & requirements to make them industry job fit and prepares them to face the challenges of this rapidly evolving technology world. Centers of Excellence promote innovative mindset and encourage budding engineers to come up with out-of -the-box products and services across different domains. It imparts hands-on training to students via latest machinery, equipment, tools and software in an Industry simulated environment.
- Summer Internships : Summer Internship is a structured work experience supervised by a professional in the field related to a student’s major and/or career goal. It enhances a student’s academic, career, and personal development.
- Personality Development Program (PDP)
It is conducted by professional trainers/experts from corporates as also by dedicated in-house faculty to actually bring a change in the traits of students in terms of values, behavior and personal growth. It enhances their body language, self discipline, includes boosting one’s confidence, improving language speaking abilities and widening one’s scope of knowledge. Following PDP programs are undertaken in the Institute.
- Etiquette Inculcation : Undertaken since 1st year when the student is exposed to the concept of value. Since 1st year students of B.Tech. receive personalized and individualized training and gradually through etiquette and value inculcation, become more presentable and confident. The virtues of etiquette inculcation is reflected through ABESIT being awarded consecutively 6th Rank in all India for Swachh Campus Ranking 2018, and 7th Rank in all India for Swachh Campus Ranking 2017 by AICTE/MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Movie Vision : Used to bridge the gap between the theory and practical aspects. It helps in learning team work, enhancing presence of mind & communication skills as also thinking analytically.
- Aptitude : Prepare students for placements by enhancing students’ understanding in reasoning, numeric aptitudes, language proficiencies and general awareness.
- Resume Writing : Trains students about the current trend to present their Personal, Educational & Professional achievements and Strengths in an impressive manner. They learn how to write covering letter through which they can efficiently present their extra information. They also get an exposure to the Social Professional Sites like LinkedIn.
- Group Discussion : Help students to improve their ability to understand a topic/idea from different perspectives. They are able to realize its importance as a standard recruitment and selection tool. Students are trained to demonstrate their leadership, team work, oral and body language skills.
- Personal Interview : A platform to train students in improving their listening abilities and handling interviewer’s questions and answer accordingly so that they are able to remove hesitation and anxiety during placement process.
Extra-Curricular activities are those that fall outside the area of the normal curriculum. These activities help students develop their innovative skills, talents, interests, passions, leadership skills and also teach them practical skills like time management. Innovative minds of the students of ABESIT got them First Rank in “Kalam Entrepreneurship League” in July-August 2018. Teaching learning atmosphere in the campus has shown its impact on overall performance of the students in Smart India Hackathon 2017 & 2018 consecutively. In Smart India Hackathon 2018, 18 Teams participated (Software & Hardware edition), of which 10 Teams were shortlisted for Grand Finale and 3 Teams received second, third and “Innovation Award” by respective Ministries. 48 students of 8 Teams participated in Smart India Hackathon 2017, of which 4 Teams were shortlisted for Grand Finale and 2 Teams received “Innovation Award” & “Inspiration Award” by Ministry of Railway and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship respectively.
- Social Activities : Under this, various activities are undertaken by student volunteers like Blood Donation Camp, Medicine & Old Cloth Distribution Camp, Tree-Plantation Drives etc. which enhance their team spirit and time management skills and also bring social welfare awareness. Recently, Govt. of India shortlisted the Institute for its Flagship programme-“Unnat Bharat Abhiyan”, which shows commitment of Institute to service and support rural development. Institute has also been selected for establishing Institution Innovation Council under the direction and norms of Innovation Cell, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, which will enable us to participate in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements.During Annual Fests, Fest-in-O-Beats, the Cultural, Literary, Fine Arts & Photography and Technical skills of the students are unleashed.
- Cultural Activities :The various activities undertaken are – Singing, Dancing, Playing Musical Instruments, Compering, Skit, Band, Stand-up Comedy, Poetry, Fashion Show etc. These activities help to develop self-confidence, cultural interest, creativity and sense of cooperation among students.
- Literary Activities : The various activities undertaken are – Extempore rounds, Speeches, Debates, Paper Writing, Group Discussions etc. They develop creativity and communication skills among students in a competitive, yet conducive environment.
- Fine Arts and Photography : The various activities undertaken are – Painting, Caricature, Photograph Collection, Mehndi, Rangoli, Nail Art, Arranging Exhibitions etc. It helps students to develop talent of their interest and innovative ideas.
- Games & Sports : ABESIT strongly believes that a healthy physique leads to a healthy mind. The Institute encourages sports culture and students also reciprocate by actively participating and distinguishing themselves at the Zonal and State Level Sports Meets. The Institute hosted AKTU Zonal Sports Meet in January 2018. ABESIT possesses proper playgrounds and hard courts for outdoor sports. In both Boys’ and Girls’ hostels students enjoy the facilities of Gym, Basket Ball, Table Tennis and Billiards. The various sports activities undertaken are – cricket, football, basket ball, volley ball, carom, chess, tennis, badminton, athletics etc. They increase self-esteem & mental alertness among students and promote team spirit. They also lead to balanced mental and physical growth of the students and teach them life skills like discipline, teamwork, leadership, patience, perseverance etc. Kanish Tyagi of CSE 1st Year has secured Gold Medal in AKTU State Level Sports Fest 2018 in Shot-put and Discus Throw. Chhavi Tomer of CE 3rd Year had secured Silver Medal in Long Jump Girls’ at AKTU State Level Sports Fest 2017.
- Technical Club : The Institute encourages various Technical Clubs & Societies under the different Departments. These Clubs are involved in preparation of small hardware based gadgets/projects of general use and development of small utility software. They develop awareness about new technologies and unleash creative skills of students.