B.Tech. Program in Mechanical Engineering commenced in year 2011. The Department has highly qualified faculty, staff members, and has well-equipped laboratories. Mechanical Engineering Department handles diverse fields of Thermal, Production and Design of Mechanical Systems. Through Centre of Excellences we provide training to develop skills on new technologies. In order to bridge the gap between industry and academia, the Department has been organizing Guest Lectures from the Industry Experts, Industrial Visits, Seminars and Workshops on regular basis.
To develop a skill based education system, creating quality Mechanical Engineers to cater the latest technological and socio-economic need of the nation.
- Provide required infrastructure and facilities to create and disseminate knowledge in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Develop relation with industry and top class educational institutions for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy services.
- Impart quality education and training through Center of Excellences to create future industry ready Mechanical Engineers.
With the “Make in India” initiative of the Government, it is evident that the growth of manufacturing sector in India is going to see new heights opening up new opportunities for Mechanical Engineers. By utilizing the following platforms, The Mechanical Engineering graduates become job fit and get opportunities as Mechanical Engineering Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Researchers, Innovators and Academic Administrators.
- Industrial Visit/ Internship Program
- Training Programs/ Workshops
- Personality Development Program (PDP)
- Centers of Excellences & Innovations
- National Level Project Competitions
- Career Resource Center (CRC)
|POs||Engineering Graduates will be able to|
|PO1||Engineering Knowledge||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.|
|PO2||Problem Analysis||Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||Design/development of solutions||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|PO4||Conduct investigations of complex problems||Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Modern tool usage||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|PO6||The engineer and society||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO7||Environment and sustainability||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.|
|PO8||Ethics||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.|
|PO9||Individual and team work||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO10||Communication||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.|
|PO11||Project management and finance||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO12||Life-long learning||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.|
Program Educational Objectives PEO 1
: Pursue higher education and research work in engineering and technology. PEO 2
: Able to design and develop innovative solution of problems of society and industry. PEO 3
: Able to use their professional skills and leadership quality in ethical manner.
Program Specific Outcomes PSO 1
: Apply the concepts of thermal engineering while designing and analyzing mechanical engineering systems. PSO 2
: Apply the principles of design and analysis in product development process. PSO 3
: Contribute in the improvement of production using modern technology and research for the cause of society and environment.
Department Advisory Committee (DAC)
|1||Academicians||Prof. (Dr.) Ravi Kumar, Professor IIT Roorkee|
|Prof.(Dr.) Naveen Kumar, Mechanical Engineering Department, DTU|
|2||Industry Representative||Mr. A.K.Khanna, Director, Dynamic SQ, Ghaziabad|
|Mr. Prabhat Kr. Jha, Deputy General Manager in Production Division, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.|
|3||Alumni||Mr. Shivam Garg, Pursuing M.Tech in Tribology from IIT Delhi|
|Ms. Saumya Agarwal , GET at Somic ZF Pvt. Ltd. , Gurugram, Hariyana|
|Mr. Rahul Gupta, Asst. Design Engineer, Marang medical Pvt. Ltd., Ghaziabad|
|4||Parents||Mr. Davendra Kumar, Personal Secretary to Chief Engineer(Elect.), Indian Railways|
|Mr. Harish Chandra Tiwari, Department of Sales Tax , Government of India, Ghaziabad|
|5||HOD||Mr. Avinash Chandra Trivedi|
|6||NBA Coordinator||Mr. Vijay Kumar|
|7||Director||Prof. (Dr.) M. K. Jha|
|8||Member Secretary||Ms. Manuja Pandey|
|S.No.||Name||Designation||Date of Joining||Qualification||Nature of Association||Teaching & Industry Experience (in Years)|
|1||Avinash Chandra Trivedi||HOD||09 September 2008||M. Tech., B. Tech.||Regular||12|
|2||Balbir Singh||Associate Professor||17 June 2010||Ph.D*, M. Tech., AMIE||Regular||30|
|3||Ashwani Dwivedi||Assistant Professor||19 August 2013||PG DIIT, B. Tech.||Regular||11|
|4||Amrish Kumar Chaturvedi||Assistant Professor||19 August 2013||M. Tech, B. Tech.||Regular||10|
|5||Amit Kumar Gupta||Assistant Professor||30 July 2014||M. Tech, B. Tech||Regular||6|
|6||Shishir Srivastava||Assistant Professor||30 July 2014||M. Tech*, B. Tech.||Regular||10|
|7||Ms. Doli Rani||Assistant Professor||13 July 2015||Ph.D*,M. Tech., B. Tech.||Regular||6|
|8||Basant Kumar Pandey||Assistant Professor||14 July 2015||M. Tech, B. Tech.||Regular||11|
|9||Sachin Rana||Assistant Professor||18 July 2016||Ph.D* , M. Tech, B. Tech.||Regular||5|
|10||Vijay Kumar||Assistant Professor||26 August 2016||M. Tech., B Tech.||Regular||8|
|11||Ms. Rashmi Rani Maheswari||Assistant Professor||19 January 2018||M. Tech., B. Tech., GATE – 2012, 2013||Regular||6|
|12||Sanjeev Kumar||Assistant Professor||16 February 2018||PhD*, M. Tech, B.E.||Regular||15|
|13||Deepak Pastor||Assistant Professor||30 May 2018||M. Tech., B. Tech., GATE- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018||Regular||1|
|14||Ms. Manuja Pandey||Assistant Professor||31 May 2018||M. Tech., B. Tech.||Regular||12|
|15||Dr. Himanshu Vashishtha||Assistant Professor||15 June 2018||Ph.D, M. Tech., B. Tech., GATE-2012||Regular||1|
|*Registered for Ph.D.|
Academic Calendar ODD Semester 2019-20
|1||Commencement of Classes||22-07-2019||Monday|
|2||Registration of Students||22-07-2019 to 22-07-2019||Monday to Wednesday|
|4||Club Activity-I||09-08-2019|| Friday|
|5||Presentation on Project Synopsis||19-08-2019 & 21-08-2019|| Monday & Wednesday|
|6||Class Test-I||19-08-2019 to 21-08-2019||Monday to Wednesday|
|7||Club Activity-II||23-08-2019|| Friday|
|8||Guest Lecture by alumni, Mr. Krishna Yagnik, Engineer, Honda Cars India limited||30-08-2019||Friday|
|9||Industrial Visit to "Assomac Machines Limited", Lalkuwa, Ghaziabad||31-08-2019||Saturday|
|11||Student Feedback – Before Internal Exam (Mid Term)||09-09-19 to 10-09-19||Monday to Tuesday|
|12||Project Progress Presentation-I||09-09-19 & 11-09-19|| Monday & Wednesday|
|13||Class Test- II||11-09-2019 to 13-09-2019||Wednesday to Friday|
|14||Sessional Test-I||16-09-2019 to 23-09-2019||Monday to Monday|
|15||Interction with Alumni Mr. Shubham raj, GET, JBM Guru Gram.||27-09-2019||Friday|
|16||Industrial Visit to "Moon Beverage", Mohan Nagar||Oct, 2019|
|18||Student Facility Feedback||14-10-2019||Monday|
|19||Project Progress Presentation-II||14-10-2019 & 16-10-2019|| Monday & Wednesday|
|21||Guest Lecture on Grid interaction of energy storage by Shashank Vyas, Associate Fellow Electricity & Fuels Division, TERI||05-11-2019||Tuesday|
|22||Club Activity-III||08-11-2019|| Friday|
|23||Final Project Viva||11-11-2019 & 13-11-2019||Monday & Wednesday|
|24||Class Test- III||11-11-2019 to 13-11-2019||Monday to Wednesday|
|25||Student Feedback – Before End Term (CO Feedback)||11-11-2019 to 12-11-2019||Monday to Tuesday|
|26||Sessional-II||18-11-2019 to 25-11-2019||Monday to Monday|
|27||End Semester Examination*||Dec-19|
|* Subject to University schedule|
Academic Calendar Even Semester 2018-19
|1||Commencement of Classes||16-01-2019||Wednesday|
|2||Registration of Students||16-01-2019 to 18-01-2019||Wednesday to Friday|
|3||Industrial Visit to Rajendra Gear||25-01-2019||Friday||III Year|
|5||Final Year Project progress presentation-I||28-01-2019 to 01-02-2019||Monday to Friday|
|6||Class Test I||04-02-2019 to 08-02-2019||Monday to Friday||From Unit I|
|7||Interaction of final year student with Alumni ( Shubham Raj)||15-02-2019||Friday||IV Year|
|8||Class Test- II||26-02-2019 to 28-02-2019||Tuesday to Thursday||From Unit II|
|9||Final Year Project progress presentation-II||04-03-2019 to 08-03-2019||Monday to Friday|
|10||Industrial Visit to Shriram Piston & Rings, Ghaziabad||08-03-2019||Friday||II Year|
|11||Sessional Test-I||11-03-2019 to 16-03-2019||Monday to Saturday||50% Syllabus|
|12||Holi Vacations||18-03-2019 to 23-03-2019||Monday to Saturday||Holiday|
|13||Final Year Project Presentation||28-03-2019||Thursday|
|14||Mentor-Mentee Meeting-I||29-03-2019||Friday||II,III & IV Year|
|15||Final Year Project Report Submission (Soft Copy)||03-04-2019||Wednesday|
|16||Luncheon with Chair||06-04-2019||Saturday|
|17||Guest Lecture of Mr. Samay Vashishtha, Executive Engineer Honda Cars||12-04-2019||Friday||III Year|
|18||Final Year Project Report Submission (Hard Bound)||15-04-2019||Monday||IV Year|
|19||Class Test III||16-04-2019 to 18-04-2019||Tuesday to Thursday||From Unit 4|
|21||Mentor-Mentee Meeting-II||23-04-2019||Tuesday||II,III & IV Year|
|22||Sessional Test- II||27-04-2019 to 06-05-2019||Saturday to Monday||100% Syllabus Coverage|
|23||End Semester Exam||May ,2019||As per University Schedule|
|24||Summer Training Program||June, 2019|
Academic Calendar Odd Semester 2018-19
|1||Commencement of Classes||23/07/2018||Monday|| |
|2||Registration of Students||23/07/2018 – 25/07/2018||Monday to Wednesday|| |
|3||Industrial Visit to Prakash Web Tech, Faridabad||06/08/2018||Monday||III Year|
|4||Industrial Visit to Honda, G Noida||13/08/2018||Monday||III Year|
|5||Seminar on Advance Manufacturing by Dr. Anand Pandey,||16/08/2018||Thursday||IV Year|
|6||Industrial Visit to Alliance Tooling Ltd Sahibabad||17/08/2018||Friday||IV Year|
|7||Boot Camp for Mechanical Engg students by VS Energy Harmonisation & Automation Pvt Ltd. Greater Noida||18/08/2018||Saturday||III and IV Year|
|8||Class Test 1||20/08/2018 – 22/08/2018||Monday to Wednesday||From Unit 1|
|9||Guest Lecture by Mr. PK Jha AGM Maruti Suzuki||24/08/2018||Friday||III Year|
|10||Boot Camp for Mechanical Engg students, by Blue shall EDesign Solution Pvt Ltd.||01/09/2018||Saturday||IV Year|
|11||Foundation Day/ Fresher’s Day/ Teacher’s Day||05/09/2018||Wednesday|
|12||Industrial Visit to Shriram Piston & Rings, Ghaziabad||10/09/2018||Monday||IV Year|
|13||Class Test II||11/09/2018 – 13/09/2018||Tuesday To Thursday||From Unit 2|
|14||Industrial Visit to Bharat Gear, Faridabad||14/09/2018||Friday||IV Year|
|15||Sessional I||17/09/2018- 24/09/2018||Monday to Monday||50% Syllabus|
|16||Mentorship Meeting||28/09/2018||Friday||II,III & IV Year|
|17||Guest Lecture By Dr. R A Khan, Retd. Professor Jamiya Milia Islamia, N. Delhi||28/09/2018||Friday||II & III Year|
|18||Industrial Visit to Rajendra Gear, Ghaziabad||01/10/2018||Monday||III Year|
|19||Mentorship Meeting||03/10/2018||Wednesday||IV Year|
|20||Annual Fest||04/10/2018- 06/10/2018||Thursday to Saturday|
|21||Guest Lecture by Dr. Manvendra Singh, IIT BHU on Material Science||08/10/2018||Monday||II Year|
|22||Industrial Visit to JBM, Faridabad||09/10/2018||Tuesday||IV Year|
|23||Mentorship Meeting||10/10/2018||Wednesday||II Year|
|24||Industrial Visit to Hercules||12/10/2018||Friday||III Year|
|25||Mentorship Meeting||17/10/2018||Wednesday||III Year|
|26||Guest Lecture by Dr SC Bhaduri, G. Noida||22/10/2018||Monday||III Year|
|27||Mentorship Meeting||26/10/2018||Friday||II,III & IV Year|
|28||Guest Lecture by ABESIT Alumni Mr. Samay Vashisth||26/10/2018||Friday||IV Year|
|29||Class Test III||29/10/2018 – 31/10/2018||Monday to Wednesday||From Unit 4|
|30||Sessional II||19/11/2018 onwards||Monday Onwards||100% Syllabus|
|31||End Semester Exam||December||University Schedule|
|32||International/National Conference||January 18-19, 2019||Friday, Saturday|
2. CAEG (Computer Aided Engineering Graphics)
3. Fluid Mechanics Lab
4. Material Science & Testing Lab
5. Thermodynamics Lab
6. Measurement & Metrology Lab
7. Manufacturing Science Lab
8. Fluid Machinery LabChange
9. IC Engine & Automobile Lab
10. Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
11. Theory of Machine Lab
12. Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
13. Machine Design Lab
14. Computer Aided Machine Drawing Lab
15. CAD/CAM Lab
|S. No.||Topic of Talks/Lecture||Name of Resource Person||Date|
|1||Scope of Design Software in Industry and Job Opportunity in the Field of Design||Mr. Amit Kumar,(Design consultant) Le-logix Ghaziabad||07/04/2018|
|2||Balancing of Machines||Dr. AK Khare, Former VC UPTU Lucknow||06/04/2018|
|3||Multi Brand Automobile Functioning and Repair Techniques||Mr. S S SAXENA VSM (Retd.) Indian Air Force||19/02/2018|
|4||Interactive Session by JBM Group||Mr. Saurav BaruaOperations and Business Management Professional , JBM Cadmium Gurugram.||12/12/2017|
|5||Advance Welding Process in Manufacturing||Dr. R.S. Parmar, Ex- Professor IIT- Delhi||13/11/2017|
|6||Fundamental and Deferent Aspects of Tribology in Manufacturing||Prof. Jitendra Kumar Katiyar Research Associate in SRM Channai||24/10/2017|
|7||Latest Production Technology used in Automobile Industry||Mr. PK Jha, AGM, Maruti Suzuki, Gurugram||10/10/2017|
|8||Electronics Component Manufacturing in India||Mr. Soni Saran Singh (Executive Director, NMTRONICS India Pvt. Ltd. Noida||07/09/2017|
|9||Energy Conservation and its Awareness||Mr. Rahul Saini, Senior Consultant for PCRA. GOI||01/09/2017|
|10||Motivational & Inspirational lecture on Development of Soft Skills||Col. Mr. Rajeev Bhatnagar TPC Global ,Ghaziabad||09/02/2017|
|11||Lubricant application in industry||Mr. AK Khanna MD, Dynamic SQ Ghaziabad||30/09/2016|
|12||Solar photo Voltaic||Mr. Atul Bhargava, GM (Marketing) at Central Electronics Ltd, New Delhi||26/02/2016|
|1||Seminar on Advances In Tribology & Machining||09/02/2018- 10/02/2018|
|2||FDP on Automation Technology- Hydraulic System||11/01/2018- 12/01/2018|
|3||Workshop on ANSYS Mechanical||13/4/2016|
|4||Workshop on CNC Milling Machine||23/12/2015- 24/12/2015|
|5||Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development||10/08/2015- 12/08/2015|
|S.No.|| Name of Company||Year||Date|
|1.||Prakash Webtech Pvt. Ltd. Faridabad||3rd Year||04/04/2018 & 23/04/2018|
|2.||Rajendra Gear Pvt. Ltd. , Udyog Kunj, Industrial Area, N. H. – 24, Ghaziabad||3rd Year||09/11/2017- 10/11/2017|
|3||Ralko Tyre Pvt. Ltd ,Meerut road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad||3rd Year||21/10/2016|
|4.||Electronics India expo Pragati Maidan, New Delhi||4th Year||16/09/2016|
|5.||Rajendra Gear Pvt. Ltd. , Udyog Kunj, Industrial Area, N. H. – 24, Ghaziabad||3rd Year||15/02/2016|
|6||North Street Cooling Tower , Meerut Road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad||3rd Year||10/02/2016|
|7.||Micromatic Grinding ,Meerut Road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad||4th Year||05/12/2015|
|1||Smart India Hackathon 2019 MSME Di Guwahati (Agriculture and Rural
Development)||Manan Gupta, Lakshya Kumar, Mayank Pal||2019||Qualified First Round|
|2||Smart India Hackathon 2019 Himalyan Chamber of
Commerce (Smart Vehicle )||Bhavik Gaur, Bhanu Pratap Sing, Bhupendra Kumar, Arush Kaushik||2019||Qualified First Round|
|3||SRIJAN (Station Rejuvenation Initiative by Joint Action) by Ministry of Railway||Manan Gupta||2018||Winner|
|4||Two and half months summer internship at the Conn Center for Renewable Energy in the JB Speed School of Engineering at the University of Louisville, USA||Harshit Mishra||2018||Training|
|5||Business Plan at AKTU’S State Level Technical, Literary and Management Events Fest||Gopal Vishwakarma, Harshit Mishra||2018||Winner|
|6||Robo-war at AKTU’s Zonal Level Technical, Literary and Management Events Fest||Lakshya Kumar||2018||Winner|
|7||Inter- Collegiate National Level Racing Championship ‘All Terrain Vehicle Championship’ organized by Autosports India at Nasik||Aman Katiyar||2018||38th Rank|
|8||AKTU Startup- Parikrama 2nd Edition||Harshit Mishra||2017||Winner|
|9||Inter Collegiate National Level Racing Competition “ Electrical-Solar Vehicle Championship(ESVC) 2016” organized by Imperial Society of Innovative Engineers in Bhopal||Samai Vashistha||2016||13th Rank|
- Chaubey S. K. and Jain N. K.,“ Analysis and multi-response optimization of gear quality and surface finish of meso-sized helical and bevel gears manufactured by WSEM process”, Precision Engineering, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.precisioning.2018.09.019 2018.
- Sharma S, Taiwade R. V., Vashishtha H., Mukherjee S. and Tiwari S., “Consumable selection for pulsed current gas tungsten arc welded bimetallic joints between Super C-276 alloy and Ti -stabilized Grade 321”, Journal of Manufacturing Process, Vol. 32, pp. 32-47, 2018.
- Sharma S., Taiwade R. V. and Vashishtha H., “Effect of pulsed current gas tungsten arc process on the dissimilar weldments between nickel-based Superalloy/Austenitic stainless steel”, ISIJ International, vol. 57, issue 6, pp. 1080-1086, 2018.
- Yadav A. K., Khan M. E., Pal A. and Singh B., “Ultrasonic-assisted optimization of biodiesel production from Karabi oil using heterogeneous catalyst”, Biofuels, vol. 9, issue 1, pp. 101-112, 2018.
- Rana S. and Kumar A.,“ FEA based design and thermal contact conductance analysis of steel and al rough surfaces”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 13, no. 16, pp. 12715-12724, 2018.
- Sharma S., Taiwade R. V. and Vashishtha H., “Investigation on the multi-pass gas tungsten arc welded Bi-metallic combination between nickel-based superalloy and Ti-stabilized austenitic stainless steel”, Journal of Materials Research, vol. 32, issue 16, 3055-3065, 2017.
- Payal H., Maheshwari S. and Bharti P. S., “Process modeling of electric discharge machining of Inconel 825 using artificial neural network”, International Journal of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, vol. 11, issue 3, pp. 562-566, 2017.
- Chaubey S. K. and Jain N. K., “Investigations on microgeometry of meso bevel and meso helical gears manufactured by WEDM process”, International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology, vol. 93, issue 9, pp. 4217-4231, 2017.
- More V. V., Gaurav A. A., Patade S. K. and Pandey M., “Design and fabrication of variable wheelbase platform for passenger and commercial electric vehicle”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, vol. 6, issue 8, pp. 57-66., 2017.
- Pastor D. and Soota T., “Performance analysis of a variable compression ratio diesel engine fueled with linseed biodiesel blends” International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering, vol. 6, issue 2, 56-60, 2017.
- Kumar V. and Gautam A. P., “Fabrication of pedal driven hacksaw”, VSRD International Journal of Mechanical, Civil, Automobile and Production Engineering, vol. 7, issue 11, pp. 287-288, 2017.
- Dwivedi A., “Emerging options for beneficiation of Indian coals for power generation”, VSRD International Journal of Mechanical, Civil, Automobile and Production Engineering, vol. 7, issue 11, pp. 283-286, 2017.
- Gupta A. K. and Trivedi A. C., “Genetic algorithm based workforce overtime capacity planning and schedule cells”, VSRD International Journal of Mechanical, Civil, Automobile and Production Engineering, vol. 7, issue 11, pp. 289-292, 2017.
- Chaturvedi A. K. and Gautam A. P., “Comparative analysis of Efficycle chassis design with various materials”, VSRD International Journal of Mechanical, Civil, Automobile and Production Engineering, vol. 8, issue 1, pp. 9-18, 2018.
- Payal H., Maheshwari S. and Bharti P. S., “Parameter optimization of EDM using multi response signal- to-noise ratio technique”, Journal of Production Engineering, vol. 19, issue 2, pp. 33-37, 2016.
- Payal H., Maheshwari S. and Bharti P. S., “Effect of tool material on surface roughness in EDM”, Journal of Production Engineering, vol. 19,issue 2, pp. 33-37, 2016.
- Kumar R., Haleem A., Garg S. K. and Singh R. K., “Automated guided vehicle configurations in flexible manufacturing systems: A comparative study”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, vol. 21, issue 2, pp. 207-226, 2015.
- Rautela M. S., Pandey A., Garg S. and Damle P., “Case study: making & monitoring of critical path in shoe production planning”, Journal of Business Management & Social Sciences Research, vol. 4, no. 3, 2015.