ABES Institute of Technology is Ragging Free. The Institute adheres to the anti-ragging policy of UGC and Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. For safety & security of new students, an anti-ragging committee is constituted as under :
|Prof.(Dr.) Manish Kumar Jha||Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Dr. Vimal Srivastava||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Richa Mehra||Memberemail@example.com|
|Prof. Bipin Kumar Rai||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Rizwan Khan||Memberemail@example.com|
|Dr. Anjali Saxena||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Kaushal Gupta||Memberemail@example.com|
|Mr. Suneel Kumar Agarwal||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Faraj Chishti||Memberemail@example.com|
|Ms. Archana Sharma||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Ranjeet Kaur||Memberemail@example.com|
|Ms. Mansi Aggarwal||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court on Anti-Ragging dated 8th June, 2009
UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions in 2009
Uttar Pradesh Government Gazette Notification on Anti-Ragging dated 19th March 2010
UPTU/GBTU Order on Anti-Ragging dated 19th July 2013
ABESIT Guidelines on Anti-Ragging dated 1st July 2015
ABES Institute of Technology
Warning : Ragging is Banned
Ragging in any form is not allowed & it is punishable vide:-
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India order dated 16/05/2007 record of proceeding section XI-073327 & order dated 08/05/2009.
- UGC regulation 2009.
- AICTE notification 37-3/LegaI/AICTE/2009 dated 25/03/2009.
What includes Ragging?
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness to
fresher or any other student.
- b) Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to
raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- c) Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or
torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- d) Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- e) Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- f) Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- g) Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or
any other danger to health or person.
- h) Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or
passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- i) Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off
power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Punishment – If found involved in Ragging
If any incident of Ragging comes to the notice of the Institute authorities, the students concerned shall be ask to explain and if the explanation is not satisfactory, one or more of the following exemplary punishment will be awarded to guilty :-
(i) Cancellation of admission
(ii) Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
(iii) Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and others benefits.
(iv) Debarring from appearing in any test! examination or other evaluation process.
(v) Withholding results.
(vi) Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
(vii) Suspension! expulsion from the hostel.
(viii) Expulsion from the Institute and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
(ix) Rustication from the Institute for a period from one to four semester.
(x) Fine up to Rs 25,000/-.
(xi) Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the Institute shall resort to collective punishment as
a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
The following are the contact numbers of Anti-Ragging Squad for the convenient of case(s) of ragging :-
|Director – Prof.(Dr.) Manish Kumar Jha – 9711060919|
Boys Hostel – Dr. Vimal Srivastava – 9711060921 Girls Hostel – Ms. Richa Mehra – 9711060915
Dr. Rizwan Khan – 9891676180 Ms. Gunjan Saxena – 9891775171
Dr. Lalit Kumar – 9971036209 Ms. Kajol Mittal – 8882292566
Mr. Shishir Srivastava – 9990848453 Ms. Vishwachi – 9911487078
Mr. Sujeet Kr. Chaubey – 8959742263 Ms. Faraj Chishti – 9582476712
Mr. Kaushal Gupta – 8826080934 Ms. Archana Sharma – 9999982027