ABES Institute of Technology is Ragging Free. The Institute adheres to the anti-ragging policy of UGC and Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow. For safety & security of new students, an anti-ragging committee is constituted as under:
|S. No.||Name of Committee Members||Designation||Mobile No.|
|1||Prof.(Dr.) M. K. Jha||Director||9711060919|
|2||Prof.(Dr.) Rizwan Khan||HoD – CSE||9891676180|
|3||Prof.(Dr.). Sapna Katiyar||Dean Academics||9811583876|
|4||Mr. Basant Kumar Pandey||Registrar||9990091815|
|5||Mr. Shyambir Singh||SHO–Thana, Vijay Nagar||9643322918|
|6||Mr. Pradumn Upadhyaya||Journalist||9911055536|
|7||Mr. V.D. Sharma||Civil Warden||9873923410|
|8||Mr. Dilip Kumar Gupta||Parent||9458674822|
|9||Mr. Sumit Kumar||Teaching Faculty||9891502406|
|10||Mr. Raj Kumar||Teaching Faculty||9758171015|
|11||Mrs. Archana Sharma||Teaching Faculty||9999982027|
|12||Dr. Anjali Saxena||Teaching Faculty||9212362423|
|13||Mr. Pranjal Gupta||Student (CS-1st year)||9520789761|
|14||Mr. Nipun Tyagi||Student (CS-4th year)||8383004274|
Judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court on Anti-Ragging dated 8th June, 2009
UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions in 2009
Uttar Pradesh Government Gazette Notification on Anti-Ragging dated 19th March 2010
UPTU/GBTU Order on Anti-Ragging dated 19th July 2013
ABESIT Guidelines on Anti-Ragging dated 1st July 2015
ABES Institute of Technology
Warning : Ragging is Banned
Ragging in any form is not allowed & it is punishable vide:-
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India order dated 16/05/2007 record of proceeding section XI-073327 & order dated 08/05/2009.
- UGC regulation 2009.
- AICTE notification 37-3/LegaI/AICTE/2009 dated 25/03/2009.
What includes Ragging?
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness to fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or
any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or
passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off
power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Punishment – If found involved in Ragging
If any incident of Ragging comes to the notice of the Institute authorities, the students concerned shall be ask to explain and if the explanation is not satisfactory, one or more of the following exemplary punishment will be awarded to guilty :-
(i) Cancellation of admission
(ii) Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
(iii) Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and others benefits.
(iv) Debarring from appearing in any test! examination or other evaluation process.
(v) Withholding results.
(vi) Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
(vii) Suspension! expulsion from the hostel.
(viii) Expulsion from the Institute and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
(ix) Rustication from the Institute for a period from one to four semester.
(x) Fine up to Rs 25,000/-.
(xi) Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the Institute shall resort to collective punishment as
a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
The following are the contact numbers of Anti-Ragging Squad for the convenience of case(s) of ragging :-
Director – Prof. (Dr.) Manish Kumar Jha – 9711060919
- Boys Hostel Warden – Mr. Ravindra Chauhan – 9711060925
- Girls Hostel Warden – Ms. Jyoti Thakur – 9711060915
- Dr. Amit Kumar Vats – 9891414970
- Dr. S.P. Gupta – 9258076192
- Prof.(Dr.) Bipin Kumar Rai – 7011183610
- Prof.(Dr.) Rizwan Khan – 9891676180
- Mr. Kaushal Gupta – 8826080934
- Dr. Anjali Saxena – 9212362423
- Ms. Gunjan Saxena – 8700085082
- Ms. Archana Sharma – 9999982027