- Every user/member of library must be prepared to identify himself /herself when request to do so.
- Library shall remain open from 8.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- Books are issued to and received back from 9.15 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. & 2.30 p.m. to 4.45 p.m.
- Circulation section shall remain closed during 2.00 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. for lunch break & re-salving of books.
- All library users must sign in /out or books issue register lying with the guard at the Reference section gate.
- Users should maintain peace in the library & should not disturb other readers in the library. Smoking/Eating/Drinking or any other activities injurious to administrative or academic activities of the college are strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- While entering the library, users should leave their personal belongings such as bags, personal books etc. in the pigeonholes placed outside the library entrance at their own risk.
- Loose papers are however allowed in the library. Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine them, if asked.
- ABESIT Library follows an close access system. The readers should not re-stack books & other material taken from the library stacks.
- Users should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage the reading material in any way, persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being to pay the cost of the damage. In the case a person repeats the offence second time, his/her library tickets would be impounded for a month & the membership terminated for the two months. The reports may be made to the director for final decision.
- The members would satisfy himself/herself before leaving the issue counter as to whether the book is in sound condition or not. Otherwise he/she may be held responsible.
- All members are requested to behave with decency & decorum. Any irregularities may kindly be brought into the notice of the librarian.
- At the time of deposition of late fine you must collect receipt for the payment from the library.
- Entry of student members without ID cards & uniform is restricted in the library.
- Books should be returned immediately on the first working day after any holiday, otherwise fine should be charged for all the days for which a member has kept the book with himself.
- Library services of a student member may be suspended for one month by the librarian, if he/she misbehaves with the library staff or violate the rules of the library purposely. Disciplinary action will also be taken for misbehavior & related activity.
- All members of the library team are available for any assistance you may need in using the library resources, facilities & services, you are also offer suggestion regarding library, its resources, services & facilities.
- ABESIT Library is primarily meant for students, core faculty members, visiting faculty members & administrative staff of ABESIT.
- Borrowing facilities are given only to members. Library, books are issued through the counters on presenting the readers tickets & ID card. The borrower cards are not transferable.
- Each faculty member is issued 6 textbooks; of these books, book-bank books (pertaining to his/her subject) are issued for an entire semester, while other text books are issued for a period of 30 days. Reference books are not issued.
- Each non-teaching staff is issued 2 textbooks. Textbooks are issued for a period of 30 days. Reference books are not issued.
- Each student member is issued 4 textbooks for a period of 10 days and a set of book-bank books are issued for an entire semester.
- Two (2) books per course will be issued at a time to visiting faculty members for 15 days only.
- Reference books, journals, magazines, cd’s and project reports will not be issued to students.
- All members of the library should get the no dues certificate from the library before they leave the institute.
- Maiden (single) copy of any document will not be issued, the same can be consulted within the library.
- The holder of the library card is responsible for any book issued against his/her ticket as per the library record.
- Newspapers are not allowed to be taken out of the library.
A book returned by any student will not be re-issued on the same day.
If a book is not returned in the stipulated time by respective members, then a penalty of Rs.@5/- per day per volume will be charged from the library members.
- The librarian can refuse to issue books to those possessing books over due.
- If a member loses a book issued against his/her ticket, the penalty will be as follows.
(a). He /she will have to replace the book lost. In addition he/she will pay an overdue fine.
(b). If the book is not easily available in the market than the loser would pay double the current cost of the book & he/she will pay an overdue fine or cost at which the book was procured, whichever is more.
- If a member loses his/her borrower’s ticket, he/she shall make a written report to the librarian. He/she can get the duplicate ticket on the payment of Rs.25/- per ticket from the library. In case a card lost is not intimated to the librarian, the member is responsible for any loss arising from misuse of the lost library card.
- If a borrower does not return the documents in spite of two successive reminders his/her membership is liable to be cancelled without further notice.
- Maiden copy of magazine & cd (One week old) will be issued to faculty & staff on merit of the case for overnight only.
- ID card is not transferable and it must be carried at all time in the library premises.
- Guard on duty at the gate can search any member going out.
- However library timing and library rules may be changed without prior notice.
- Library rules are framed by the library committee and students are abide with the rules library committee is also empowered to settle any dispute or problem of the library.