Civil Engineering Department
Civil engineers shoulder the responsibility of planning, designing and structuring a project and having it constructed to the required scale. At ABESIT, the Department of Civil Engineering provides facilities in making the students skilled with professional expertise. The teaching learning process is designed in a way that students are prepared to handle emerging technologies as the labs and most knowledgeable faculties impart knowledge and guidance to make the students excel in their fields.
Department of Civil Engineering is dedicated towards balancing the built environment with the natural world. It is our constant endeavor to seek understanding of natural systems in the department, to foster the intelligent use of resources and to help our students design sustainable infrastructure systems.
We provide leadership in the field by focusing on technological innovations, seeking advances in basic knowledge and taking a systems perspective and giving our students the practical knowledge they will require in the real world scenario. We concentrate our efforts on quantitative and analytical approaches.
Civil Engineering at ABESIT is an innovative and vibrant place of learning, where undergraduate students pursue their educational and innovative interests.
Vision & Mission
To be recognized as a leading department in imparting Civil Engineering education and to contribute towards sustainable development of infrastructure through research and innovation to meet the ever growing demands of the global community.
- Provide education and training to the students with sustained mentoring to help them attain their full potential so as to become competent graduates to serve the society in an ethical and moral way.
- Develop culture of research and innovation which will encourage higher studies and bring about innovative solutions for sustainable development of the society through linkages with Industry and R&D organizations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of entrepreneurship for exploitation of opportunities and implementation of novel ideas through individual and teamwork.
This is for all Civil Engineering graduates looking for career options/work opportunities after completing your B.Tech or B.E. in civil engineering. After studying at least 40 subjects one becomes civil engineer, so it's very challenging career option to become a civil engineer. Civil engineering graduates i.e. civil engineer do not need to be told that they can work in any infrastructure project in India. This ranges from construction and maintenance of bridges, power stations, airports, dams, highways, express ways, waterways, industrial units, manufacturing plants, Building and factories etc.
If you have interest in design, construction and creativity of natural or physical build environment, then civil engineering is the best disciplines for you to prove your ability and find the career which you wish to. Civil engineering is second oldest professional degree in the field of engineering after Mechanical In past, it was known as the “Military Engineering”. Some of the great and global popular monuments like Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, Dubai Resort, great wall of China and recently Burj Khalifa etc. are the best example to prove that how important and valuable branch of engineering is this? From roads constructions, building constructions, port constructions to river and township planning & construction, metro rails all are the workplace for civil engineering branch.
One can pursue following career option from after completing his/her graduate degree in Civil Engineering. We have found out total 8 best career option to all civil engineering graduate to explore the opportunities.
You have following options once you complete Civil Engineering in India.
- Start a job in Construction, Real Estate, and Infrastructure & project industry as a site engineer or for any profile which suits your academic. Register yourself on all the major job portals and start applying for the jobs.
- GATE Exam: You can give it a try. Go for M.Tech in Civil Engineering with a specialization of your choice. After your M. Tech or M.E. you can also start your career in academics as an Asst.Professor if you have interest in teaching. Following are the options to choose for a M.Tech post-graduation degree:
- Structural Engineering
- Environment Engineering
- Geo-technical Engineering
- Construction Management
- Traffic and Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Government Exams for class one post
- Job opportunity in Public sector Undertakings (PSUs):
- State Government Jobs:
- Go for M.S. in Civil Engineering in U.S. UK,South East Asia or Australia
- Start a civil engineering entrepreneurial venture in India.
POs, PEOs & PSOs
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1: Engineering graduates are able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge and skills required for pursuing higher education and for functioning effectively as an entry-level professional.
PEO 2 : Graduates are actively involved in focused research targeting innovative solutions to meet the challenges of modern society.
PEO 3 : Graduates are able to work collaboratively within a team and individually, efficaciously articulate technical knowledge, ideas, and proposals.
PEO 4: Graduates acknowledge their responsibility to the society and the need to behave ethically and morally and be willing to engage in activities beneficial to the society.
PEO 5: Graduates demonstrate an understanding of the elements of entrepreneurship, such as active discovery and exploitation of opportunities, prudent risk-taking and implementation of novel ideas or methods.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO 1: Analyze and design of water supply schemes, waste treatment and disposal systems for developing sustainable environment using modern software/IT tools.
PSO 2: Analyze and design framed and load bearing structures using principle of engineering mechanics and geotechnical engineering, as per the requirements of Indian and other standards with modern software/IT tools.
PSO 3: Plan and produce detailed drawings and maps, write specifications, prepare cost estimates, design and test construction materials and carry out construction project management of sustainable infrastructure facilities using modern software/IT tools.
PSO 4: Understand and apply modern surveying tools and techniques for planning and designing of urban and rural infrastructure facilities in a sustainable manner.
|Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Experience (in years) Teaching/Industry|
|Sanjay Gupta||Associate Professor and Department In-charge||Ph.D. (Pursuing); M.Tech .(WRE-NIT Kurukshetra), B.E. (Hons. CE-BITS Pilani)||23|
|Ankur Gupta||Assistant Professor||M.E. (Punjab University), B.Tech. (UPTU)||07|
|Ms. Mansi Agarwal||Assistant Professor||M.Tech. (Uttrakhand Technical University), B.Tech.||04|
|Vikas Chauhan||Assistant Professor||M.Tech. (Structural Engineering-NIT Srinagar), B.Tech.(CE-UPTU), GATE 2012,2013||02|
|Mayank Nigam||Assistant Professor||M. Tech, GATE 2015,2016,2017||01|
|Shubham Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech. (Structural Engineering-Gautam Buddha University), B.Tech.(CE-Gautam Buddha University), GATE 2017||01|
Department of Civil Engineering
Academic Calendar Odd Semester 2018-19
|1||Registration of B.Tech Second, Third & Fourth Year students||23-07-2018 to 25-07- 2018||Monday to Wednesday|
|2||Commencement of Classes for II/III/IV year||23-07-2018||Monday|
|3||Class Test-1||16-08-2018 to 20-08- 2018||Thursday to Monday|
|4||Professional guidance to Students-An Interaction meeting||21-08-2018||Tuesday|
|5||Career Advancement to Students-An Interaction meeting||23-08-2018||Thursday|
|6||Expert Lecture by Dr. A M Chandra on Geo- informatics||27-08-2018||Monday|
|7||Notification to students who have short attendance up to 29.08.18||30-08-2018||Thursday|
|8||FDP on “Patent Filling Process”||01-09-2018||Saturday|
|9||Foundation Day/Fresher’s Day/Teacher’s Day||05-09-2018||Wednesday|
|11||Class Test-2||10-09-2018 to 12-09- 2018||Monday to Wednesday|
|12||Parents/Teachers Meeting||13-09-2018 to 14-09- 2018||Thursday to Friday|
|13||Sessional -1||17-09-2018 to 24-09- 2018||Monday to Monday||50% of syllabus & each paper of 03 hours duration|
|14||Seminar for IV year student on “How to become Entrepreneur”||26-09-2018||Wednesday|
|15||Mentor Mentee Meeting -1||28-09-2018||Friday|
|16||Annual Fest||04-10-2018 to 06-10- 2018||Thursday to Saturday|
|18||Expert Lecture by Mr. Nithil Malguri M/s Tandon Consultants on Precast Structures||12-10-2018||Friday|
|19||Class Test -3||16-10-2018 to 18-10- 2018||Tuesday to Thursday|
|20||ARC meeting with parents||23-10-2018||Tuesday||ARC Committee|
|21||Industrial Visit for students on Precast Structures casting site||26-10-2018||Friday|
|22||Mentor Mentee Meeting- 2||26-10-2018||Friday|
|23||Mentor Mentee Meeting- 3||16-11-2018||Friday|
|24||Notification to students who have short attendance||16-11-2018||Friday|
|25||FDP on Role of “Tutorial & Practical Classes”||17-11-2018||Saturday|
|26||Sessional -II||19-11-2018 onwards||Monday onwards||100% of syllabus & each paper of 03 hours duration|
|28||End Semester Examination||As per University Schedule|
- Building Materials Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Geo Informatics Lab
- Structural Analysis Lab
- Building Planning & Drawing Lab
- Hydraulics & Machine Lab
- Geo-Technical Engineering Lab
- CAD Lab
- Construction Management Lab
- Concrete Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Structural Detailing Lab
Department of Civil Engineering
Center of Excellences (COEs)
Department of Civil Engineering
Details of Expert Talks
|1.||Environmental Concerns and Industrial Control Strategies||02-04-2018||Dr. CL Verma, Chairman, National Committee on Building Lime and Gypsum, Ex Director Grade Scientist-CBRI, Roorkee|
|2.||Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures||29-03-18||Dr. Shilpa Pal, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida|
|3.||Building Construction Materials and Environmental Technologies||30-10-2017||Dr. CL Verma, Chairman, National Committee on Building Lime and Gypsum, Ex Director Grade Scientist-CBRI, Roorkee|
|1.||How to Start a Startup||31-03-2017||Lokesh Tanwar, Business Alligators|
|1.||Civil Engineering Applications in Indian Railways||18-04-2016||Er. Arvind Mittal (Deputy Chief Head, Northern Railways)|
Details of FDPs/Seminars/Workshops
|1.||PrimaVera Demo||Aptron Solution Private Ltd.||12-09-2016|
|2.||STAADPro||Mohd. Arif Zaki, Structural Engineer, MultiCAD Solution||30/07/2016-31/07/2016|
|3.||Five days Training on Civil Engineering Laboratory Experiments||Respective Faculty Memebers||04-07-2016 – 08-07-2016|
|1.||MX-ROAD Software Demo- Highway Engineer,||Vipul Arora||25-6-2016|
|2.||In house StaadPro Training for Faculty Members||Cetpa Infotech Pvt. Ltd.||8-6-2016 to 23-6-2016|
|3.||Workshop on Issues and Solutions in Concrete Structures||Sponsored by ICI||3-6-2016|
|4.||In house AUTOCAD Training for Faculty Members||Prof.Sandeep Garg||5-5-2016 to 11-05-2016|
|5.||Demo on STAADPro in Civil Engineering Design||Cetpa Infotech Private Ltd.||12-4-2016|
|6.||Seminar and Inter College competition on Concrete||6-4-2016|
|7.||Application of STAADPro in Civil Engineering Design||Aptron Solution Private Ltd.||1-4-2016|
|8.||Introduction to Remote Sensing and GIS||Er. Sanjay Jain, Scientist G and Head of Remote Sensing and GIS, NIH Roorkee||26-2-2016|
Details of Industrial Visits
|S.No.||Date||Name of Company|
|1||07-04-2018||Crest Hospital Project Site|
|2||15-10-2016||Common Effulent Treatment Plant(CETP) DSIIDC, Narela, Delhi|
|3||05-08-2016||NH-24(under MX-Road Training) NH-24, Ghaziabad|
|4||07-04-2016||Gangajal Water Treatment Plant, Ghaziabad|
|5||05-03-2016||Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) DSIIDC, Bawana, Delhi|
- “Unlock & flush” has also been shortlisted for finals at Lucknow in “Start-up yatra UP edition” being conducted by “Startupindia.org” and “IB hubs” on 7th, 8th, 9th January 2018.
- “Unlock & flush” start-up has been shortlisted in among top 15 start-ups in “Rural &
- Swadeshi Start-up Meet” at IIT Delhi organized by “Unnat Bharat Abhiyan” and Ministry of skill development on 2 nd December 2017.
- “Unlock & flush” start-up has been shortlisted and won 3 rd prize in “Kalam Start-up Parikrama” Lucknow organized by AKTU K-CIIS on 15 th Nov 20117.
- Participation of four students to India International Science Festival 2017 with the project titled “Using plastic bottles filled with local soil and menstrual waste instead of clay bricks” under the category “Safe disposal of menstrual waste”.
- Participation of startup U&F Private Limited to India International Science Festival 2017under the category “Student/Early Stage Startup”.
- Participation of four students to India International Science Festival 2017 with the project titled “Using plastic bottles filled with local soil instead of clay bricks” under the category “Toilet Technology”.
- “Unlock & Flush” was also recognized as top 5 projects of India in O & M of school Toilets category in “Swachhathon 1.0” a flagship national level competition organized by “Ministry of Drinking water & sanitation” at AICTE Delhi.
- “Unlock & flush” has been shortlisted as top 21 early stage start-ups of India in “National Start-up Summit” at Anna University in “India International Science Festival-2017”.
- “W-brick” is third prize winner of “Swachhathon 1.0”, a flagship national competition organized by Ministry of Drinking water & sanitation at AICTE.
- “W-Brick” has been shortlisted as top 21 projects of India in “Bharat Nirman-National level project competition” organized at IIT-Madras in “India International Science Festival-2017”.
Department of Civil Engineering: Research Publications
- Mansi Aggarwal, “Ureolytic Bacteria Effect Analysis for Mechanical properties Enhancement of Cement Mortar” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 13, Number 11 (2018) pp. 9145-9153
- Mansi Aggarwal, “Mechanical properties of cement mortar by the addition of Ureolytic Bacteria” International Conference on Advances in Science, Management and Engineering (ICASME2017) on 29 & 30 Dec 2017, Chennai, Organized by International Organization of Scientific Research and Development (IOSRD)
- Ankur Gupta, “A Case Study on Repair Rehabilitation & Retrofitting of RC Framed Structure”, International Journal Of Innovative Research In Science, Engineering And Technology, ISSN (Online):2319–8753, ISSN (Print):2347 – 6710, Volume 6, Issue 11 (2017)
- Mayank Nigam, “Mechanical Behavior of Self Compacting and Self Curing Concrete” IJIRSET Vol. 6, Issue 7, July 2017.
- Shubham Kumar, “Shear deformability characteristics of FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymer) strengthened RC beam”, International Journal Of Current Engineering And Scientific Research (IJCESR), ISSN (Print): 2393-8374, (Online): 2394-0697, Volume-3, Issue-1 (2016)
- Jyoti Agarwal, “Investigations on a Geo-synthetic reinforced bearing layer under static and dynamic loading”, IGC 2016, IIT Madras.
- Vivek Kumar Thahiya, “Superpave mix design (Rutting behavior- permanent deformation of flexible pavement)”, IJSRD, Vol 3, Issue 4 (2015)
- Manjul Chandravanshi, “A laboratory investigation on the compaction properties of soil mixed with Fly ash and Gypsum”, IJSRP, Vol 4, Issue 10 (2014).